Al Tayer Motors
Al Tayer Motors was established in 1982 and represents major European and American automobile manufacturers such as Land Rover, Jaguar, Ford, Lincoln, Ferrari and Maserati across the UAE. Al Tayer Motors’ portfolio also includes commercial vehicles - Ford Trucks in the UAE.
As a company, we deal with a discerning customer who demands the best. From this stand point, we created a unique retail and service environment to meet our brands’ expected service standards.
The automobiles we sell provide immense pleasure and satisfaction to their owners and we add value by ensuring the joy is uninterrupted. Dedicated service, sales and parts centres in addition to world class personnel provide each customer with a unique ownership experience.
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates • Posted 1 month ago
To carry out effective and efficient repair and maintenance of customer vehicles following the approved manufacturers repair techniques
Roles and Responsibilities
• Collect job orders and the necessary materials/ tools/ equipment, to carry out the repairs and maintenance on the customers vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers repair techniques.
• Ensure accurate fault diagnosis and effective utilization of time allocated for the repairs. Report to Team Leader of any delays in repairs due to unavailability of parts or any other reason.
• Ensure all additional repairs are authorized; parts are booked to the repair order. In case of warranty repair/ parts exchange program, return removed part to the parts department in the same carton to facilitate audit processes and getting necessary credit if applicable. In case of retail jobs keep the old parts inside the vehicle except batteries and parts which may cause stain on the interior trim/ carpet of the vehicle.
• Service personal tools, keep the lifts and work area clean and comply with the health and safety standards.
• Upgrade knowledge by regularly doing web based courses and by attending class room trainings.
• Keep all personal tools safe. Any breakages or accidents must be reported to the Team Leader / Supervisor immediately/Tool room for replacement.
• Ensure efficiency and productivity is maintained above 100%.
• Ensure proper clocking on/off in the system and do write up in the repair order as per the prescribed procedure.
• Any unused parts must be returned or stored properly as per company procedure. Used parts must be disposed in an environment friendly manner.
• To work extra hours in case the job needs to be completed to ensure customer satisfaction as per Team Leader’s requirement.
Desired Candidate Description
• Diploma in Automotive Engineering; or
• Industrial Technical Institute ITI ( 2 years vocational course) - Certified Auto Technician Course
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as technician with any reputable authorized automotive dealership
• Additional technical skills, if any, are an additional advantage.
• In addition to mechanical skills, should have basic electrical knowledge.
• Trouble shooting and problem solving skills
• Should have attended basic technical courses from Vehicle Manufacturing companies