Road Transport Authority (RTA)
تأسست هيئة الطرق والمواصلات في نوفمبر 2005، وتتولى تخطيط وتنفيذ مشاريع المواصلات والطرق في إمارة دبي، حيث تقوم بإعداد القوانين والأنظمة والخطط الإستراتيجية وتخطيط وبناء "مترو دبي"، وتطوير حلول متكاملة وآمنة لأنظمة الطرق وشبكات النقل البري والبحري بما ينسجم مع خطط التنمية الاقتصادية في دبي ومع أرقى المعايير العالمية
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards
United Arab Emirates
Manager - Public Transportation
United Arab Emirates • Posted 1 month ago
• Develop Public Buses depot operations plans by setting numeric objectives, goals and key initiatives to achieve these goals based on current and expected performance within specification
• Provide, develop and maintain direction of Bus Operations functions that includes depot operations and Bus/ Driver resources management through the Emirates of Dubai.
• Establish Bus Operation Standards and procedures, in order to achieve a consistently high level of bus service delivery.
• Manage and evaluate works by others including dealers/ contracting companies to comply with contractual requirements.
• Measure and review the performance of all bus operations from the respective responsible employees. This will include staff availability in line with monthly manpower plans. Cost management of driver holidays, absenteeism, and training, daily depot dispatching, trip and duty cancellations, accident rates, bus breakdowns, bus availability.
• Conduct planned and random site visits to ensure and confirm that the contracting companies and staff provide service delivery as per work and service specifications.
• Managing all bus stations to review and ensure safe and smooth operations. Ensure that all facilities are serviceable and provide convenient and comfortable services to bus passengers and public using the facilities.
• 24/7 availability to attend to emergencies and crises including site visits when required.
• Manage employees of depot administration to ensure timely provision of uniforms, training, granting of annual tickets for home leave, and managing leave approval and work force planning.
• Organize and manage the annual events with guaranteed availability of drivers and performance monitoring for successful outcome of events and develop operational plans with identified targets and work to achieve them within budget and timeline.
• Monitor the performance of bus asset utilization, availability through regular reviews of planned schedules, actual key metrics achieved, operational delays and root cause analysis.
• Lead operational team to review and implement corrective and improvement actions to achieve operational excellence
• Support all unplanned diversions and activated implementation of scenarios covering Metro and tram breakdown through effective and timely activation of agreed resource allocation strategy on time and within target.
• Coordinate with all depots on annual and manpower planning requirements to ensure available budget to meet operational requirements and provision for contingency budget for unplanned operational activities
• Follow up with all depots on the monthly analysis of financial and operational performance against budget and operational targets. Identify and implement corrective and improvement actions to ensure the operational and financial performance are within expected cost and achievements.
• Promote a strong awareness and adoption of all QHSE policies and continuous adoption of work place health and safety practices.
• Ensure all assets are utilized in the approved and sustainable manner in compliant to PTA Asset Management Policy.
• Perform other responsibilities related to the position as appropriate.
Desired Candidate Description
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical / Business Administration / Management from a recognized university.
• 7 years of bus operations experience with strong emphasis on depot management in a similar large organization and familiarity with quality procedures.
• Excellent knowledge of bus operations, service, planning and administration management, standards, functions, systems and procedures.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high-performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation