Iraq - Arbil • Posted 1 month ago
Main roles and responsibilities:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the Authority’s general ledger. Working under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager directs and coordinates the daily activities of the accounting staff to accurately, and quickly record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of Al Fardan.
● Ensures adherence to company’s policies and procedures. Ensure legal accounting practices are
● Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
● Manage company cash flow (including placement/movement of funds in various trusts).
● Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other Authority personnel in resolving financial issues.
● Work with all departments to ensure timely billing and cash receipt processing;
● Supervise and directs procedures for collection of fees and revenues
● Manage the monthly accounting close process and meeting close deadlines;
● Responsible for the monthly allocation process, including overhead, indirect, occupancy and other administrative costs to the various subunits of Al Fardan;
● Work closely with Finance unit to ensure all reclassification entries are processed in a timely manner and reflected in the system for reporting purposes;
● Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
● Work with the field offices to ensure timely processing related to the monthly reporting of expenses as part of the monthly close process and prepare related Cash flow forecasts;
● Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
● Responsible for regular reconciliation between records in accounting and fundraising systems;
● Implement coding structure changes in accounting system based on organizational policy;
● Performs other duties as assigned or required.
● Conducts in‐service training of business office personnel
● Accounting Manager JD
● In close coordination with the General manager, review and update policies and procedures on an ongoing basis;
● Oversee and monitor A/R aging balances;
● Work with regional and local accountants to strengthen field office A/R controls;
● Respond to accounting queries from internal staff and work closely with the Finance team on projects as they arise;
● Maintain Finance and Accounting SharePoint site and permissions;
● Prepare and review of audit requests preparation and assist the Director of Accounting with the annual audit as needed;
● Manage the annual budgets for operational units (F&A, HR, Legal, Sales, Service, Parts, IT and or office budgets)
● Meeting with budget holders regularly to monitor performance, investigate major variances and develop forecasts;
Reporting and Record Keeping
● Regular Reporting of Sales Results
● Provide ad‐hoc analyses and reports as needed;
● Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
● Create necessary daily/monthly/quarterly/annual reports
● Produces monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
● Providing accurate and timely financial and management reporting, including analysis of variances against budget, to the Senior Management Team, department heads for the review and monitoring of the department’s financial performance.
● Produces financial reports involving Al Fardan trust accounts for monthly board meetings.
● Ensure timely reporting of locally generated invoices in Dynamics and reconcile to ensure accuracy;
Strategic Initiative Responsibilities:
Responsible to prepare various reports surrounding the metrics of the sales departments (new vehicle sales, Parts sales & service Sales).
● Develop protocols that help establish consistent behaviors in financial operations.
● Implement accounting policies and standards. Enforce compliance.
● Partner with other areas in the organization to move the business forward
● Cost management, including monitoring of project profitability.
● Proactively performs preventive quality controls and takes corrective actions when necessary.
Desired Candidate Description
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org