Purchase cum Store Manager
United Arab Emirates • Posted 7 months ago
1. Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices
2. Identify and source new suppliers and vendors
3. Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
4. Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements
5. Forecasts demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly
6. Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies
7. Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
8. Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures
9. Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts
10. Performance manage, develop and motivate purchasing staff
11. Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market condition.
12. Direct the designing of the stores layout, physical storing system and defining the location of bin/items as per storing standards duly considering health and safety measures.
13. Direct the setting of proper ROL and EOQ parameters for the catalogued items.
14. Regularly review the parameters set for ROL & EOQ based on the actual consumption and other factors affecting demand & supply.
15. Ensure availability of spares & consumables in stores while ensuring minimum holding and carrying costs.
16. Establish standard procedures for stores activities like requisitioning, receiving, issuing and returning of inventory.
17. Design stock reports to be produced by the controller, validate and analyze those reports and take suitable actions as per the set procedures.
18. Monitor periodic stock taking and take preventive and corrective actions upon discrepancies noticed.
Desired Candidate Description
A degree in Business Administration. (Additional degree/diploma in Engineering is an added advantage.
Must be familiar with Auto parts Stores Administration.
Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems often required
Hands on experience with Computerized Inventory Management Systems.
Experience in efficient handling, storage and distribution of materials/consumables.
Knowledge of Health and Safety standards under stores/stock controls
Good management and administration skills.
Understands the importance of risks based controls in computerized environment.
Ability to indentify risks in stores management and ability to address them in time.
Good computer skills (MS Office) and knowledge of computerized inventory control/management systems.
Ability to conceptualize Layout designing.
Ability to manage resources including people effectively