Lindsay Saker Group
Welcome to the world of Lindsay Saker – an industry leader in South Africa. Lindsay Saker has a rich heritage of taking P.R.I.D.E. to the next level.
This heritage has been ingrained in us from our very beginning, which was actually over 115 years ago! In 1902 two brothers, Charles and DH Saker started DH Saker Limited. The name of the company was changed to Saker Motor Corporation when Jack Mincer took control of the company. In 1957, The Sakers Finance and Investment Company merged with GK Lindsay and the name Lindsay Saker was coined.
Over 60 years later, we have become THE household name whenever the Volkswagen or Audi names are thought of. As a division of the JSE Listed Imperial Group, our clients and staff take comfort in knowing they are in safe and capable hands at all times. Explore our world and who knows – you might just be joining us on our journey to even greater heights.
Motor Vehicle Technician
South Africa - Gauteng • Posted 2 months ago
To Diagnose faults, repair and conduct set vehicle services vehicles according to prescribed standards of Audi South Africa Deliver high quality technical expertise to satisfy customers and honour Lindsay Service delivery values. Adhere to Company’s and VWSA policies, procedures, expectations regarding your position as Motor Vehicle Technician.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
• To Service Audi vehicles according to SOP
• To carry out fault diagnosis and repair vehicles – measured on fix right first time.
• To take steps to ensure servicing of vehicle, remains within the targeted percentages of the manufacturers' time
• To discuss matters with service advisors and customers as required and provide lucid explanations
• To ensure standards maintained with vehicle care and safety whilst performing functions
• To ensure vehicles are returned to the customer after service in a neat and clean condition
• To recommend purchase of capital equipment Admin functions:
• To complete forms and documentation included in the company's service routine
• To draft and prepare any reports required
• To log servicing steps as prescribed
• Complete all job cards accurately and timeously
• Mentor apprentices, sign off logbooks and evaluate their technical ability.
• Ensure effective communication with staff, across departments, with customers and service providers
• Willingness to participate in marketing campaigns when required for the furtherance of the business
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 N6 trade certificate or Olifantsfontein motor mechanic trade papers or must be qualified on the CBMT level system
• The following qualifications will be advantageous: Health and safety related qualification
Desired Candidate Description
Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Mechanical insight
• OEM required technical training course successfully mastered, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes training is also acceptable
• Problem solving and moto vehicle fault finding skills
• Mental alertness
• Team player
• Interpersonal competence
• Customer orientated
• Communication skills
• Decision making and action orientated
• Need excellent - Fix right first-time track record
• Must be Computer literate, Knowledge of software programs ODIS, Elsapro, will be advantage
• Be able to use Manufacturer diagnostic equipment / computer (Vas Machines)
• 2 - 3 Year technician experience
• AUDI product training.
• Must be English literate and have writing skills