KIA Motors South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Driving cars is all about travelling and the KIA Motors journey has been an extraordinary one. KIA Motors is South Korea’s oldest car manufacturer and today the second largest automobile manufacturer in Asia, as well as being a major international manufacturer of motor vehicles around the world.
The name KIA is derived from the Sino-Korean words “ki”, to come out and “a”, which stands for Asia, jointly expressing “rising out of Asia”, a motoring name well recognised throughout Asia, America, Europe and Southern Africa. As part of the Hyundai-KIA Automotive Group, KIA Motors strives to become one of the world’s best and largest vehicle manufacturers, driving spirited competition in the motoring arena.
KIA South Africa offers confidence and assurance to South African customers, by presenting unsurpassed vehicle warranties on KIA models that the South African motorists have not ever received before. The 2010 JD Powers Owner Loyalty Survey shows that KIA has the biggest increase in owner loyalty, improving 21% points to 58% in 2010. KIA is currently ranked 7th internationally on the JD Powers 2010 Customer Retention Study.
The ambitions of KIA Motors are sizable but within reach of achieving. Along with our sister company, Hyundai, KIA Motors is reported as being the fifth (5th) largest car manufacturer in the world, leading vehicle innovation and motoring satisfaction onto international showroom floors.
South Africa - Gauteng • Posted 5 months ago
To provide management accounting support and detailed analysis to management, to be used to make decisions.
PLANNING NECESSARY IN THE JOB:
• Stock Counts
DEADLINES IN THE JOB (REPORTS, DELIVERY SCHEDULES, ETC):
• Month End Procedures
• Dashboard & Board Presentation
• Ad Hoc.
Key Responsibilities Overview:
• PDC Month End Procedures
• PDC Complete Dashboard
• Compilation of Board Presentation (Financial & Other Information)
• PDC Budgeting Requirements
• Improve, Implement and Ensure Internal Control Procedures are in Place
• Maintenance & Control of Debtors & Creditors at Management Level
• Cost Reduction & Control
• Daily Tasks
• Other ad hoc duties which are required by GM, PD, FD.
Specific Role Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities – Details:
PDC Month End Procedures:
• Parts Forex Gain/(Loss) Reconciliation
• Parts Obsolescence Reconciliation
• Analysis of Accounts to Ensure Accuracy and Completeness
• Clear All Suspense Accounts
• Resolve Any Queries
• Process All Relevant Journal Entries (if, and when, required)
• Local Freight – Sign off the account and analyse
• Air Freight Analysis
• Accessories Awards Program – Complete Control and Management of Administration and Payment
• PDI Kits – Complete Reconciliation of Internal Cost to Admin Dept.
PDC Monthly Dashboard:
• Complete Financial Report
• Income Statement
• GP Reporting & Analysis of All Different Stock Categories
• Debtors/ Creditors Days
• Stock Days
• Stock Turn
• Actual vs Budget Comparison & Analysis
• Factor Reporting
• Local vs Imports
• Stock Ageing Reporting & Analysis
• Key Expense Reporting & Analysis (e.g: Air Freight; Local Freight)
• Fuel Expense for Demo Vehicles Reporting & Analysis
• Stock Movement Recon.
Compilation of Board Presentation (incl. following information):
• Financial Reporting of Key Figures
• Other Information as Required by Management.
PDC Budgeting Requirements:
• Preparation of Annual PDC Budget
• Monthly Comparison of Actual vs Budget and Reasons for Discrepancies.
Improve, Implement & Ensure Internal Controls are in Place:
• Review as and When Required
• Continuous Improvements.
Maintenance and Control of Debtors and Creditors at Management Level:
• Weekly and Monthly Review of Debtors & Creditors Ageing
• Ensure Accounts are Clean
• Signing off of All Creditors Recons
• Releasing Payments Monthly
• Manage “Troublesome” Accounts.
Cost Reduction and Control:
• Monthly Analysis of Expense Accounts
• Continuous Monitoring and Improvements
• Sign off Sundry Orders.
• Process Credit Notes
• Sign Off All PDC Invoices and submit for Payment
• Sign Off All Stock Adjustments
• Sign Off Dead Stock Returns
• Manage Sundry Orders and Payments.
Ad Hoc Duties:
• Ad Hoc Analysis and Reporting as Required by GM, PD and FD (Latest Examples):
• GP Analysis per Category
• GP Retention Calculations
• Stock Layout Efficiency Based on Movement Categories
• Development of a WIP Engine for Creation of PDI Kit Invoices
• Development of a Consolidated Database and Spreadsheet for DOTY
• Warranty Cost Recon
• Annual Processing and Management of Dealer Incentive Pay Outs
• Full Freight Analysis
• Accessories Analysis.
Desired Candidate Description
• Relevant BCom Degree
• 5 Years of Experience in an Accounting Environment
• Excel Skills – Intermediate to Advanced