Lindsay Saker Group
Welcome to the world of Lindsay Saker – an industry leader in South Africa. Lindsay Saker has a rich heritage of taking P.R.I.D.E. to the next level.
This heritage has been ingrained in us from our very beginning, which was actually over 115 years ago! In 1902 two brothers, Charles and DH Saker started DH Saker Limited. The name of the company was changed to Saker Motor Corporation when Jack Mincer took control of the company. In 1957, The Sakers Finance and Investment Company merged with GK Lindsay and the name Lindsay Saker was coined.
Over 60 years later, we have become THE household name whenever the Volkswagen or Audi names are thought of. As a division of the JSE Listed Imperial Group, our clients and staff take comfort in knowing they are in safe and capable hands at all times. Explore our world and who knows – you might just be joining us on our journey to even greater heights.
South Africa - Gauteng • Posted 5 months ago
Reporting to the VW Dealer Principal, the incumbent will be part of the dealership’s management team and an experienced Parts professional is sought who can provide excellent customer service, motivate staff, control costs and maintain high levels of sales on an ongoing basis. Parts Manager will need to have the ability to take the dealership’s Hub Parts Business to the next level by increasing market share and profitability as well as customer satisfaction.
Specific Role Responsibilities
The Parts Manager is fully responsible for the management of the Hub Parts Department, which includes:
• Ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction at all times.
• Maintaining agreed profit margins and return on investment.
• Actively seeking to maintain/achieve an acceptable market share.
• Selling the maximum amount of parts to trade and retail customers.
Desired Candidate Description
• At least 24 months managerial experience in a VW or Audi parts department.
• Be a people person who is able to focus on building a strong team.
• Must be passionate about customer service and staff satisfaction.
• Leadership abilities.
• Must have strong marketing skills.
• Must be able to give us the right return on our investment in this area.
• A strong awareness of the absolute necessity of good customer relations
• The ability to work under pressure and motivate staff
• Higher Certificates and/or Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates with NQF Level 04
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Display honesty, integrity and humility in all actions and encourage other to do so.
• Be able to set clear standards and stretch goals in consultation with team.
• Understand the dealership business value chain and key performance indicators that impact on profitability.
• Communicates a clear change plan with steps and behaviours required to achieve the team goals and vision.
• Regularly questions the status quo and investigates different approaches to doing the work.
• Proactively identifies problems or challenges in a situation.
• Motivates team members to achieve individual and team goals.
• Continuously identifies process efficiencies and limitations.
• Realises the value of and embraces the diversity of people in the workplace and promotes a climate of inclusiveness.
• Holds effective team meetings that facilitate goal clarity, information sharing team reviews and recognition.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, manager and key stakeholders.
• Thinks clearly and remains calm, focused and positive under pressure or strong emotions.