ASPIRITI AUTOMOTIVE are the Middle East's longest and most established automotive recruitment specialists. As a major player in the market since 2002, Aspiriti's name is synonymous with top industry talent.
Specialties: Automotive Industry, Executive Search, Recruitment, Talent Acquisition, Human Capital Consulting, and Corporate and Group Office
United Arab Emirates
National Parts Manager - Japanese Brand
Iraq • Posted 4 days ago
One of the leading automotive group in the Middle East is looking for an experienced National Parts Manager for their office based in Iraq. You will be responsible for planning, organizing, leading and controlling all the activities of the Spare Parts department. The National Spare Parts Manager sets up and executes plans for spare parts selling, ordering, stocking, and distribution in the utmost effective and efficient manner.
Ideal candidates must have a minimum of 14 years of experience, preferably in a premium European automotive brand. Experience with Autoline is essential and excellent communication skills are required for this position.
• Manages the implementation of the spare parts function plans and ensures their compliance with rules and policies.
• Develops the spare parts function work plan, assigns work activities, projects, and programs, monitors workflow, reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures, and directs such activities to serve the Function goals and plans.
• Proposes plans and programs that boost the effectiveness of the spare parts function.
• Ensures that work activities are carried out achieving the pre-set performance goals and suggests any necessary actions to the direct supervisor.
• Oversees the consolidation and budgeting of all departmental manpower plans, and ensures its alignment with the organizational strategic objectives
• Participates in setting the department’s long- and short-term objectives, communicates them to the subordinates and ensures high-quality achievements of the goals in a cost-effective and timely manner.
• Takes part in setting plans, policies, and procedures that ensure a standardized, efficient and effective flow of operations.
• Supervises the activities of subordinates to ensure their effectiveness and compliance with the company approved policies and procedures.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals to review Spare Parts employees’ performance, recommends salary increases, rewards, and promotions, and carry out disciplinary meetings when needed.
• Selects, trains, motivates, evaluates and develops the department’s personnel to ensure the achievement of company’s objectives.
• Analyses the department’s operations, ensures the existence and achievement of key performance indicators for the department and cascades them to subordinates.
• Provides guidance and leadership to employees, and ensures they have the proper technical and professional capabilities to carry out their tasks in the most efficient way that serves the departments standards.
• Ensures spare parts operations complies to company policies and procedures.
• Manages the spare parts purchase activities to ensure proper parts availability on time and in specific quantities within the set budget.
• Manages the activities of the spare parts warehouse ensuring that accurate records are maintained showing spare parts movement (In-Out) and that inventory checks are conducted regularly and on time. Continually work to reduce undesirable levels of slow moving/’dead’ stock.
• Ensures that high safety and security standards are implemented, and that warehouse tidiness, cleanliness, and arrangement are always maintained. In addition, ensuring parts buildings are managed and maintained in an optimum condition.
• Manages and supports the spare parts sales activities ensuring that sales targets are achieved on a timely basis and ensure that high standards of customer satisfaction are achieved.
• Coordinates with the Marketing Department to ensure regular parts promotions are organized and monitor their progress and effectiveness.
• Ensures that all information regarding the spare parts overall functions is well documented and filed according to company policies and procedures and that regular reports are issued on time.
• Reviews the department budget with the Finance Department and ensures all cost, sales, revenues, etc. are in line with budgets.
• Approves ordering and re-ordering of spare parts and ensures that they are received in top conditions.
• Coordinates with the Service Department to ensure prompt internal delivery of spare parts and smooth cooperation between the two departments.
• Supervises and tracks spare parts wholesale section activities and ensures sales goals are achieved by implementing proper sales techniques that comply with the company image.
• Maintains a satisfactory parts service to other dealership departments.
• Maintains agreed profit margins and return on investment.
• Sells the maximum amount of parts to trade and retail customers.
• Ensures that discounts given are in accordance with Company policy.
• Ensures stock levels are in accordance with the budget.
• Discuss significant variations in the budget with After Sales Manager/ Dealer Principal on a weekly basis.
• Interviews, select, hire and to ensure training of department staff.
• Ensures that all transactions are correctly recorded and, when necessary, information passed to other departments.
• Monitors customer credit facilities constantly and ensure due payment
• Ensures that all weekly/monthly returns are made promptly and accurately.
• Maintains direct liaison with suppliers and major customers.
• Operates within the purchasing budget.
• Reports any suppliers' major price changes to company Finance Manager.
• Prepares periodic reports with respect to the function's activities and achievements to the direct supervisor.
• Specifies manpower requirements for the department according to the recruitment and selection and manpower planning practices
• Recommends training needs of subordinates’ and evaluating the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel.
• Conducts performance appraisals for subordinates’ according to scheduled plans and recommending necessary actions as per the applied practices.
• Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to follow up on the smooth running of activities and keeping abreast with the latest business-related practices.
• Performs any related task as requested by the direct supervisor.
Desired Candidate Description
• Must have a minimum of 14 years of automotive experience, preferably in a Japanese automotive brand
• Must have excellent communication skills in English
• Experience with Autoline is essential
• Must have experience in managing multiple sites and P&L responsibilities