Al Masaood LLC
Al Masaood, is a large and diversified local trading group in Abu Dhabi, with over 73 businesses across the entire spectrum of the local economy spanning automotive, engineering, power, oil and gas, property and many other market segments, in partnership with some of the world's leading companies. From its foundations as a small trading house, Al Masaood has grown to establish itself as one of the largest integrated industrial, commercial and service organizations in the Middle East. Now employing over 7,000 people.
For over 40 years, Al Masaood has been synonymous with the automotive market in the UAE as the main distributor for Nissan, Infiniti and Renault in Abu Dhabi and Bridgestone, Harley-Davidson, Continental Tyres, Ducati and Polaris for the UAE.
The Group fully supports the automotive market through a growing network of well-equipped service centres and extensive spare parts dealers. The newest addition to this successful network is the Al Masaood Automobiles Nissan Service Centre, which is currently Nissan's largest service centre in the world.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 employees
United Arab Emirates
Procurement and Contracts Specialist
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi • Posted 3 months ago
Within Al Masaood Group's Procurement Department the Procurement and Contracts Specialist will provide overall process coordination for selection of service providers, including conducting RFx processes in compliance with the business requirements. The primary deliverable from the role will be to establish pricing agreements and contracts for services and goods to ensure maximum value for money for the group.
The Procurement and Contracts Specialist will work with key stakeholders in order to understand their requirements, compile specifications, facilitate vendor selection and negotiate agreements - utilizing tools and processes such as RFP's, RFQ's, and RFl's. The position will be expected to collaborate and share information within, and across, departments and support various specification working groups. The role will also be responsible for initially building mutually beneficial relationships with strategic suppliers to ensure ongoing value is delivered to AL Masaood group through these contractual relationships.
● Responsible for leading the full range of procurement processes in a cross functional environment.
● Develop, implement and manage contracts and service level agreements for the procurement of goods and services.
● Investigates, develops and promotes the use of progressive supply chain tools and technologies to accomplish procurement objectives
● Serves as the primary contact relating to procurement and contract management in the procurement department for the specific assigned categories.
● Develops and fosters successful long-term business relationships and ongoing process improvements with key suppliers
● Identifies opportunities for operational and procurement process improvement
● Reviews non-contracted purchases to identify opportunities for standardization, contracting and cost reduction.
● Responsible for regular reporting including contracts completed, cost savings and other metrics to the head of department.
● Draft framework agreements with suppliers, negotiate commercial and legal clauses as per company's policy and manage the contracts accordingly through contracts addendums, amendments, extension or termination.
● Perform supplier management for key strategic suppliers to the business to enhance their performance through regular review meetings with specific KPI metrics and score cards.
Desired Candidate Description
Minimum of five years' procurement experience working within industrial or operational dynamic environment.
● Knowledge of leading practices in procurement and strategic sourcing as well as operational models and contracts management.
● Excellent knowledge of end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract management, supplier performance management and life-cycle costing processes.
● Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues
● Able to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
● Proficient computer skills with advanced skills on MS Office applications
● Knowledge of ERP tools such as SAP - Ariba
● Bilingual English/Arabic would be an advantage
● Quality Service Orientation: Seeks information about the real underlying needs of stakeholders beyond those expressed initially
● Analytical Thinking: Makes complex plans and analyses. Uses analytical techniques to break apart complex problems into component parts, identifies multiple solutions and weighs the value of each
● Relationship Building: Creates opportunities to initiate relationships. Identifies significant opportunities for contribution, identifies key contact in target organizations and finds ways to make personal connections. Nurtures the relationship over time to build rapport and trust and develop a basis for future interactions
● Change Management: Makes change real for individuals. Explains to individuals specifically how the change will affect their organization and roles. Integrates the change very clearly with existing work/projects. Builds on recent change initiatives to increase enthusiasm and commitment to the change process
● Commitment to Continuous Learning: Stays current in a demanding and changing business environment with new approaches, tools, methods and/or technologies that may impact the business. Quickly assimilates and understands a constant stream of new information
● Graduate degree in Engineering or Business Administration or other relevant area
● CIPS qualification