Today, MG is more than an iconic octagonal badge; it is once again a motoring force to be reckoned with.
Our much-loved British brand has been re-launched with the financial backing of one of the world’s largest car manufacturers, which allows us to stand tall in the global market.
The new range of MG models, that have been designed and engineered at our site in Longbridge, Birmingham, include the MG3, MG GS and MG ZS.
The MG6 was the first in a new generation of MG cars and was a contemporary fastback, specifically designed to meet the varied needs of our busy customers. Launched initially in 2011, and followed by the new MG6 in 2015, it encompasses everything you'd expect from great British brand.
The MG3, which was launched in 2013, is a supermini packed with more fun, practicality and specification than any of its rivals, and at just a fraction of the cost. In 2016, moving with the times, Stop-Start was added to the MG3, but more excitingly, MG launched the MG GS and with it, a first venture into the exciting, yet highly competitive, SUV market with a new 5-year/80,000-mile warranty. The MG GS, with its stylish looks, high specification and affordable pricing, marks another milestone in MG's future development.
In 2017, MG launched the MG ZS, the brand new compact-SUV which marks an exciting new era of the iconic company. The MG ZS comes with an industry leading fully-manufacturer backed, transferable 7 year/80,000-mile warranty.
With strong financial backing and a bright future, MG is ready to write the most exciting chapter in what is already a very colourful story.
BRITISH DESIGN AND ENGINEERING
MG’s site in Birmingham is home to the European Engineering Technical Centre and Design Studio, as well as a manufacturing facility and the Headquarters of MG Motor UK. It is at the Headquarters that the UK Sales and Marketing team have re-launched the MG brand here in its home market.
Jordan • Posted 2 months ago
● Assessing project requirements
● Agreeing and negotiating project budgets, timescales, and specifications with clients and managers
● Developing and implementing test procedures
● Building prototypes of components to carry out tests on
● Organizing and carrying out tests, eg to check whether engines will work in different conditions, such as high temperatures
● Interpreting and analyzing results and data
● Sourcing vehicle components and selecting the best materials to use
● Providing technical advice and answering queries from clients
● Using specialist computer modeling software to produce designs
● Making improvements to vehicles in response to customer feedback
● Investigating and solving problems, eg mechanical failures
● Working closely with suppliers
● Writing reports and documentation
● Giving presentations
● Undertaking relevant research
● Supervising junior staff
Desired Candidate Description
● Fresh Graduate/ 5 years of experience
● A degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering, production and manufacturing engineering, engineering design or physics