The Zahid family has been connected to commerce for over a century and in 1950 a chance meeting with Caterpillar resulted in a close-knit relationship. Since then Zahid has distributed Caterpillar machinery and equipment to the Kingdom’s private and public sectors. This partnership eventually led to the formation of Zahid Group’s flagship company, Zahid Tractor & Heavy Machinery Co. Ltd., in 1967 by the late Sheikh Yousuf M. Zahid.
Over the years, Zahid Tractor has added international brands such as Challenger agricultural tractors, JLG material handling equipment, Rammer industrial hammers, Renault trucks, Svetruck specialized lifts, Terex cranes, and Volvo trucks and buses.
The company was subsequently restructured into three core business units – Construction Machinery, Commercial Vehicles and Rental. Today, Zahid Tractor serves a number of industries, including construction and infrastructure, industrial, logistics and warehousing, agriculture, transportation, petroleum, mining, and quarry and aggregates.
Zahid Tractor is one of the few companies in the region that is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified, proving its ability to deliver services reliably, safely and environmentally friendly. With over 40 branches Kingdom-wide, Zahid Tractor ensures close proximity to customers, no matter their location.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 employees
Workshop Supervisor - Trucks
Saudi Arabia • Posted 4 months ago
● Supervise work of Service team and ensure a smooth operation of workshop and reception; and monitor efficiency of all service staff and make necessary reports.
● Ensure technical literature and special tools are updated, as required.
● Keep tight control of workshop consumables i.e. oils etc.
● Ensure good housekeeping at all times and motivate the team.
● Be able to make decisions in the absence of Service Manager.
● Responsible for testing quality of completed jobs.
● Be willing and capable of passing on his skills to Trainees under his supervision, in line with his Department’s Traineeship programme, or be receptive of being trained in coaching and assessing in the workplace.
● To follow company’s EHS policies and procedures in all work related activities.
Desired Candidate Description
● Diploma / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
● At-least 5 years’ experience with Volvo / Renault trucks having at least 2 years supervisory experience.
● Good Arabic / English communication skills.
● Very dynamic, multi-skilled and highly motivated.
● Strong desire to lead a team of different nationalities, majority of them Saudi nationals.
● Ability to work under extreme pressure with calm, being level-headed and with a professional attitude.
● Ability to achieve the best workmanship from a large team and ensure customer satisfaction is met by producing quality work by quality staff.
● Possess valid KSA driving license.
● With transferable iqama (for non-Saudi).
● Willing to be relocated in Abha.