The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, with its headquarters in Gothenburg, employs about 100,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets.
Project Quality Assurer
India • Posted 2 weeks ago
This document describes responsibilities and authorities for the QJ Technical Leader.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate assigned QJs (E&EE part) according to the QJ-process to meet the lead-time targets. The QJ Technical Leader acts as an E&EE coordinator for all technical items during the investigation and development phase (QJ pre-study to Release) in order to secure the quality of deliveries from Vehicle Engineering E&EE. Work is mainly reactive but the knowledge should be transferred to the new development phase.
● Represent E&EE in cross-functional QJ teams led by PM-QJ.
● Secure resources and set up the QJ team inside E&EE
● Secure Cost Estimate (CE) for the E&EE part (including hours, bought service, supplier cost, material cost, etc) are delivered, followed up and report deviation from the approved CE to the PM QJ.
● Technical leader for all Engineering tasks inside E&EE for QJ and QJ pre-studies.
● Plan, coordinate, lead, drive and follow up activities needed to ensure progress in an assigned QJ team for E&EE.
● Make a detailed time plan synchronize with the PM QJ
● Monitor the team's performance
● Delivery of solution, which meets all engineering QDCF targets and fulfills all engineering requirements of the QJ project.
● Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is done
● Find a solution for the issue found by RCA and get it implemented, verified and released.
● Manage all risks (both technical and project) inside E&EE
● Manage PRP (Product Problem Process) activities (reactive quality work)
● Secure QJ lead time Target is reached
● Report deviations against the agreed QDCF and ask for support if it's needed through the PQMM (Product Quality Manager Maintenance).
● Follow up Maintenance Quality status on his main technical area (Sub System or similar area), e.g. Component Fault Frequency (FF)
● Manage proactive quality work by informing the ongoing development team about previous technical and organizational problems.
● To return weaknesses in processes, projects, line organization, tools etc into the risk analysis tools/projects and thereby reduce quality problems in future projects.
● Recommend different ideas via the PQMM and/or line manager, to improve the quality situation.
● Contribute to improving the process and WoW (Way of Working) e.g. time schedules and activities list for QJs, Q-PMRs and other quality issues.
● Support the PQMM in the handover preparation from project to maintenance. Authorities
● Make recommendations on the technical solution and delivery to appropriate decision making bodies
● Make recommendations on delivery versus technical risks to PM QJ and PQMM Competence.
Desired Candidate Description
● B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or equivalent
● Technical background with quality interest
● Experience from electrical and electronics development
● Knowledge about the electrical system
● Technical leadership and networking skills
● Good product knowledge
● Good multi-brand system knowledge
● Automotive experience
● PRP and QJ process
● Responsible, driving, analytic and organized
● Can withstand stress, target-oriented, not afraid to offer her/his opinion
● Flexible, takes initiatives, not afraid to raise problems Role context
This role acts in:
PRP and QJ process available in GTT MS main page , Develop Product & Aftermarket Portfolio (DVP) , Solve Quality issues , Solve problems on delivered products , QJ Process
● This role is reporting to E&EE Line Organization
● The QJ Technical Leader reports to the PQMM concerning quality issues
● The QJ Technical Leader reports the status of quality issues to the PM-QJ