Škoda Auto India
Škoda Auto India Pvt Ltd. has been operating in India since November 2001 as a subsidiary of Škoda Auto, one of the fastest growing car manufacturers in Europe. It has set up a modern manufacturing facility in Shendra near Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The facility is spread across 300,000 sq. mt. Škoda Auto India has a network of 131 outlets across the country. The company sold 30,005 units in 2011, which represented an increase of 50% over the preceding year.
Head –Lighting system
India - Maharashtra • Posted 6 months ago
Purpose of Position:
To lead the development of Engine components and systems to meet future Indian product
and manufacturing requirements.
1. To lead the Lighting Development department , ensuring that all responsibilities and executed in an
efficient and appropriate, taking appropriate decisions and mitigating risks where necessary
2. To lead the localisation of components and systems, ensuring they are designed, developed and
validated to the standards and targets defined by the project, within agreed, cost and timing
3. Ensure adherence to the Product Development Process (PEP) guidelines, achievement of
respective milestones (technical and budgetary) within the stipulated time period and with the
4. Conduct regular product team meeting, facilitate discussions team wise, interdepartmental,
development consultants/suppliers and Skoda MB to arrive at best solutions for products and
5. Develop internal capability to ensure robust compliance with Group processes and legislative
requirements, in respective area
6. Budget / capacity (Manpower) monitoring of department
7. Manage and motivate the team regarding task delegation, MBO annual target setting, performance
evaluation and recommendation for remuneration.
8. Continuously seek, identify and co-ordinate new Indian technologies / development opportunities
based on competitor/market trends, customer requirements, Supplier inputs and Manufacturing
9. To support and guide the department with an excellent deep understanding of the component
development and test requirements where required.
10. Understanding of Project Management and project feasibility, Presentation of project status in
various forums, Project time line and project monitoring till BMG.
11. Responsible and accountable for resolution of field quality , R & D and ASL relevant concerns
related to concerned components in specified area
Desired Candidate Description
1. Leadership and development of the lighting system and wiper system development
2. Ability to think in a wider business scope, initiative and qualified leadership skills
3. Excellent communication skills, English in written and verbal form, German / Czech
Language Proficiency would be added advantage
4. Expert knowledge of wiring harness and electronics component and system design and
development and vehicle integration
5. Deep knowledge of complete vehicle assembly, specifically related to lighting system and
6. A Deep understanding of Indian Automobile market, legislative requirements, vehicles,
customer, product and manufacturing requirements
7. 18+ years of experience
10. B.E. /B. Tech/ Graduate/ Post Graduate