Škoda Auto India
Škoda Auto India Pvt Ltd. has been operating in India since November 2001 as a subsidiary of Škoda Auto, one of the fastest growing car manufacturers in Europe. It has set up a modern manufacturing facility in Shendra near Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The facility is spread across 300,000 sq. mt. Škoda Auto India has a network of 131 outlets across the country. The company sold 30,005 units in 2011, which represented an increase of 50% over the preceding year.
Cost optimization engineer – interior & exterior (HUT)
India - Maharashtra • Posted 3 weeks ago
Purpose of Position:
1. Organizes and secures the search and implementation of measures to reduce the material
load of the vehicle within sophisticated technical areas - interior & exterior HUT), serial
and new projects.
2. Recommends reduction of product cost within the process of model care and new
3. Cooperates with the ŠA FMK team, mostly on platform cost savings.
1. Performs search and realization of savings potential, including analysis, evaluation and processing
of documentation for internal gremia and FMK (Material Costs Forum)
2. Organizes expert departments in the process of finding and realizing savings potential – internal
3. Assigns tasks to verify potential, including evaluation within internal gremia, FMK (Material Costs
4. Proposes a process of realization of savings potential – within internal gremia negotiations and
FMK (Material Costs Forum)
5. Provide information and discuss the state of fulfilment of savings measures for the model series –
internal gremia, FMK (Material Costs Forum)
6. Organizes the implementation of the measures / decisions from the internal gremia and FMK
(Material Costs Forum)
7. Evaluates the measures on the basis of a competition analysis - within a confined area, competitive
8. Analyses the potential of technical solutions and development trends in competing vehicles
9. Evaluates the measure based on a competition analysis
10. Supervises the fulfilment of the target and work out an opinion for their fulfilment
Desired Candidate Description
1. Excellent communication and negotiation skills
2. Experience with staff coordination is an advantage
3. Project management experience are welcome
4. MS Office as a user
5. 3-8 years of experience.
6. Master Degree, Technic or economical