Ghassan Aboud Group
Ghassan Aboud Group (GAG) is an international conglomerate engaged in several key business sectors including Automotive, Logistics, Media, Hospitality, Real Estate, Retail, and Catering. Headquartered in the United Arab Emirates, GAG business operations are complemented by offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Jordan and Turkey.
Established in 1994 by Ghassan Aboud, a successful entrepreneur, businessman and philanthropist, the group has evolved from its initial beginnings in car re-export to become one of the most trusted business partners for vehicle manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers worldwide. Today, Ghassan Aboud Cars and Spare Parts is an international automotive supply-chain solutions provider serving over 100 countries.
In 2008, the group’s media business was established with the incorporation of Live Point, a TV production company and Orient News, a satellite channel. The companies provide creative solutions across all audiovisual production needs in the Middle East, digital and broadcast news and varied programming, as well as news agency training services.
GAG’s single-source provider of construction, development and real-estate services, Elements Properties, is committed to developing high-quality lifestyle offerings and self-sustaining communities within the UAE. GAG’s real-estate projects offer better living targeting those who appreciate design and premium finishes.
As a major investment initiative, GAG is developing a substantial portfolio of luxury hotels, lifestyle destinations and unique experiences in Australia. Towards this end GAG’s investments commitments are being deployed in acquisition, development and management of prime hospitality, tourism and related assets through Crystalbrook Collection.
2016 witnessed the launch of Grandiose, the group’s retail and catering business, aimed at delivering high-quality yet affordable retail freshness. With a diverse product range, the Grandiose Stores supermarket chain is set to become Dubai and Abu Dhabi’s neighborhood one-stop-shop. As for the Catering arm, it offers an eclectic range of nutritious and delicious mealtime solutions for retail, corporate and private catering needs.
Ghassan Aboud Group believes that productivity, innovation and transformation requires community engagement and ensures that its exclusive portfolio operates in a corporate conscious and responsible manner. GAG’s sincere commitment to social responsibility is an integral part of any environment it operates in and is the motivation behind the Group’s motto: “Building a better future … together”.
United Arab Emirates
Senior Human Resource Business Partner
United Arab Emirates - Dubai • Posted 1 month ago
● To head the human resources function for the automotive division. The role serves as a consultant to management on all people related issues as well as an employee champion and change agent. The focus must be to manage the human resources function to drive business results.
● This will include assessing and anticipating HR needs; communicating needs proactively, partnership with the key HR functions and seek to develop integrated solutions as well as deliver value-added services to meet people orientated goals.
● Partner with leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
● Overseas the development of the annual HR Plan in partnership with the business.
● Provide business insights and connections from internal networks, ensure solutions are tailored to address business needs (e.g. structure vs cultural change required).
● Support change management as it relates to structures, teams and people processes through professional project management. Build measures to review the success of change initiatives to validate the business impact.
● Develop and promote ongoing feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of the employee experience.
● Review and benchmark effective channels of communication for the employee group, supporting leaders to improve communication with their people.
● Design relevant people metrics to support actions and measure effectiveness.
● Review key business performance targets and their related people implications.
● Define talent needs, and support leaders to forecast and plan their workforce and talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
● Support leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future business requirements.
● Collaborate with colleagues in HR departments to deliver tailored solutions for the customer.
● Lead key projects, reviews and initiatives to deliver change and improvements. Review and benchmark the internal and external environment, translating good practice into proposals that are aligned to business goals.
● Take ownership as a Business Partner team, working together to make decisions in line with direction provided by senior HR leaders.
● Drive business results through performance improvement, encourage, and reward behaviour aligned to company leadership values.
● Participate in selection activities for mid- senior roles, in collaboration with colleagues in Recruitment, to ensure the right fit for the department and potential for future needs of the company.
● Provide inputs on strategic HR direction and performance reporting to the BU leadership team.
● Act as an ambassador for the HR Business Partner model, actively improving standards to highlight the benefits of the model for all stakeholders.
Desired Candidate Description
● Essential Requirements & Competencies
● Master’s degree in business administration or HR, CIPD is desirable
● Overall 10-15 years’ experience; minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a strategic HR business partner role in automotive
● Experience gained within a large organization and must have led a team overseeing a range of HR initiatives and services.
● Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels
● Achievement orientated and problem solving capabilities
● Team leadership
● Business Goal Oriented Stakeholder management
● Stakeholder management (Business Heads, Function Head, Group Head HR and Executive Management)
● Analytical mindset