Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan, is India’s largest passenger car maker. India’s first Company to produce and sell more than a million cars in India in a year, Maruti Suzuki is credited with having ushered in the automobile revolution in the country. The Company, formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, was incorporated as a joint venture between the Government of India and Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan in February, 1981. Presently Suzuki Motor Corporation owns equity of 56.2 %. The company stocks are traded at the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Mumbai Stock exchange (BSE). Making a small beginning with single model - the iconic Maruti 800 Maruti Suzuki today has a vast portfolio to 15 car models and over 150 variants. The product range expands from entry level small cars like Alto 800, Alto K10 to the luxury sedan Kizashi that is imported as a CBU. The Company has also added new products like Ertiga (India’s first Life Utility Vehicle) and Celerio with the contemporary Auto Gear Shift technology, to meet the changing lifestyle of its customers. Maruti Suzuki is the first company in India to introduce factory fitted CNG vehicles (Eeco, Alto, Estilo, WagonR, SX4 and Ertiga). Headquartered in New Delhi, it has two manufacturing facilities in Haryana - Gurgaon and Manesar. Both the facilities have a combined capability to produce over 1.5 million vehicles annually. In 2013 the Company set-up its own state-of-the-art R&D test course at Rohtak, Haryana. The Company employs over 13000 people (as on 31st Mar’13). Its sales and service network is the largest among car manufacturers in India with over 1300 sales outlets (across 960 towns and cities) and over 3000 service centers (covering 1445 towns and cities). Besides serving the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki also exports cars to several countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and Oceania.
Assistant / Deputy Manager - Body Design
India - Haryana • Posted 8 months ago
• Design/development of BIW, hood, trunk lid, bumper, body glasses etc (experience may not be in all areas)
• Design & development of exterior/interior sheet metal & plastics components for face–lift / minor change and new model development.
• Parts design enhancement for cost reduction
• Overall project coordination and monitoring experience
• Automotive OEM / Automotive Ancillary /design centers/industry/design outsourcing concern
Desired Candidate Description
• Proficiency in cad software, prefereably in unigraphics.
• Design knowhow for injection molded parts like bumper, grille, body claddings etc.
• Design knowhow for press parts like hood, trunk lid, body in white etc.
• Understanding of stamping and injection molding processes and its requirement while part design.
• Understanding of the Indian regulation