The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, with its headquarters in Gothenburg, employs about 100,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets.
Engineer - Vehicle Front
India - Karnataka • Posted 1 month ago
Scope of Work:
Responsible for the design & development of Plastic & Sheet metal components related to Truck lower front module such as Bumper, Under-run protection, Ingress/Egress (Insteps) & Lightings.
● Responsible for the development of products / parts and release of the solutions into the system with complete product ownership and tackling quality issues effectively
● Performs design, testing/validation and/or development projects within area of assignment to fulfill the project set Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature targets.
● Generate Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VA/VE) and Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas to reduce product costs and drive/support implementation as needed.
● Analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and implement cost effective solutions.
● Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
● Build & follow component design time plan to meet project deadline.
● Responsible to independently drive Cross functional activities to close out development open points and achieve set project deliverables.
● Must have Global mind-set to collaborate and work with engineers mostly at Cab, Chassis, Styling, Vehicle Architecture, Verification & Validation team both Locally as well as Other sites within Volvo.
● Take ownership in development of engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
● Contribute towards knowledge management within the area of assignment.
Desired Candidate Description
● Experience of designing & developing plastic and Sheet metal components for automotive applications.
● Experience of product development within exterior environment such as Bumper system, Ingress/Egress system, Front under-run protection & Lightings system of commercial vehicles and/or cars.
● Working knowledge of Catia V5 and Enovia/PDM.
● Possess sound knowledge in Problem solving techniques by effectively using Quality tools such as 8D/ FTA.
● Knowledge about Commercial Vehicle regulations and Certification activities.
● Experience of working with suppliers to lead the development activities with a good level of product development cycle understanding.
● Knowledge of the injection mould & Press tooling is an added advantage.
● Analytical Skills
● Change Facilitation
● Conceptual Thinking
● Assertive communication
● Attention to Detail
● BE/B.Tech in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with 3~5 years of relevant experience.
● Knowledge in Automotive lightings is an added advantage.
● Knowledge in Volvo Product and Data Management systems such as Kola and Enovia/PDM is preferable.