ATC Allied Transport
Allied Transport Company was founded at 1972 and ever since has been providing a caliber of service that is unrivalled within the industry. ATC specializes in land freight transportation and haulage of all types of cargo. Effective Quality Management Systems are in place to ensure customer’s satisfaction and paves for continual growth.
United Arab Emirates
Mechanic (Heavy Trucks)
United Arab Emirates - Dubai • Posted 7 months ago
• Responsible and accountable for examining vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions and confer with internal customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
• Responsible and accountable for disassembling units and inspect parts for wear, using special tools
• Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
• Responsible and accountable for overhauling or replacing major vehicle components
• Responsible and accountable for performing routine and scheduled preventive maintenance services as per the provided checklist
• Responsible and accountable for reviewing work orders and discussing work with supervisors and plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
• Repair and/or service heating, engine-cooling, crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
• Repair manual and automatic transmissions; Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes
• Repair and/or replace pistons, rods, gears, valves, bearings, shock absorbers, radiator leaks; Rewire ignition systems
• Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
• Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
• Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges.
• Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
Desired Candidate Description
Key Performance Indicators:
• Number of repairs done per day
• Number of spare parts used per day
• Delay in repairing
• Delay in diagnosing the problem
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Ability to diagnose the problem and come up with various alternate solutions
• Ability to give attention to detail
• Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance
• Education High School plus ITI
• Experience 3-5 years of relevant experience