Al Futtaim Automotive
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim employs in excess of 42,000 people and operates in 29 countries through more than 200 companies.
The group has significantly expanded its business operations through a strategic acquisition plan and has entered a number of new territories, increasing its footprint beyond the GCC and Greater Middle East to encompass, Asia and East Africa. Structured into four operational divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate and retail, the success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.
For a career with the Al-Futtaim Group please go to our careers site at www.afuturewithus.com
United Arab Emirates
Credit Control Manager
United Arab Emirates - Dubai • Posted 1 month ago
We are currently looking to recruit a Credit Control Manager for Al Futtaim Aftersales Services. Reporting the Business Unit Finance Manager, you will put in place the optimum structure for a credit control department which will support the organization structure. You will train the staff to perform their duties efficiently and effectively and develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the department. It is also part of your jo to streamline the processes in order to have the most efficient, simple and convenient processes which will support on time collection. You will deal with difficult customers and long overdue payments with the help of division heads and review and update company policy with regard to debt collection.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
● Review the current process of the department and suggest the optimal process which will enable the organization to submit invoicing on time & will also help collect cash on time.
● Centralize the credit control functions across the organization and design a suitable organization structure for same.
● Review and provide MIS reports on receivables by division/customer. Identify areas of concern.
● Work with division heads on mitigating risks.
● Develop and monitor key performance indicators for each division and regularly review the same with each division head.
● Develop collection strategy and action plan and ensure that they are carried out.
● Ensure reduction of overdue %age.
● Provide training to the credit control team to enable them to perform their jobs efficiently.
● Closely liaise with Finance Shared Services on debtor reports, accounting and receivables monitoring.
● Regularly visit all locations to review the receivables and ensure process is followed.
● Visit with customers to understand their issues, review the outstanding and agree payment plans where necessary.
● Escalation of account to a legal status and follow up on such cases.
● Month-end provision of rebate accruals.
The ideal candidate will possess an Internationally-Accredited Professional Accountancy Qualification or a Bachelor of Commerce or Diploma in Accounting Financial Management. You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with specific experience in receivables management of a large company and prior experience of working with insurance companies is an added advantage.
Desired Candidate Description
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage
● Diplomatic and has the ability to deal with difficult customers with tact
● Ability to lead a large and diverse team and coach them into top performers
● Able to talk to all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
● Highly computer literate, knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
● Strong analytical skills.
● Ability to build and sustain relationships in a multicultural environment