Al Futtaim Automotive
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim employs in excess of 42,000 people and operates in 29 countries through more than 200 companies.
The group has significantly expanded its business operations through a strategic acquisition plan and has entered a number of new territories, increasing its footprint beyond the GCC and Greater Middle East to encompass, Asia and East Africa. Structured into four operational divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate and retail, the success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.
For a career with the Al-Futtaim Group please go to our careers site at www.afuturewithus.com
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates • Posted 4 months ago
Reporting to the General Manager for Finance in Automotive, the Corporate Risk Manager supports the General Manager Risk Management (GMRM) and acts as a link between the GMRM, Automotive Risk Champions and Risk Owners across the Automotive organization. This role will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Dubai Festival City.
• Hold the position of Risk Manager for the Automotive business at division level, responsible for championing the implementation of the ERM Framework across the division, and coordinating the Risk Champions for each business within the Automotive division.
• Support the implementation of Group Risk ERM Framework in the Automotive division
• Demonstrate a comprehensive and practical understanding of the Group ERM Framework, which encompasses policies, methodologies, metrics, models and reporting dashboards etc., to facilitate the provision of information, analysis, measurement and ongoing monitoring of risk and risk appetite, which in turn will facilitate decision making process.
• Responsible for the active adoption and practice of risk management in accordance with the ERM Framework across the Automotive Division.
• Coordinate with, and assist Risk Champions of Automotive departments during development of risk registers, assessment of risk and formulation of risk treatment strategies.
• Make independent judgments, often based on interpretation of System and/or local policy or knowledge of various risk disciplines (credit, market, operational, strategic and / or reputational)
• Escalate serious issues without delay to Group Director and GMRM
• Provide feedback on any significant gaps in the capabilities around managing risks
• Make recommendations to Group Risk on factors that will further enhance the ERM Framework.
• Along with the GMRM, conduct ERM education and training on risk management to the businesses within the Automotive Division , and promote active risk management and awareness throughout the Division
• Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Risk Management, Commerce or Business Administration. Professional certifications like Chartered Accountancy, Certified Public Accountant or CISA/CRISC may be an added advantage.
Desired Candidate Description
• 9-10 years of relevant experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit or Corporate Governance preferably within a professional services environment.
• The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They should be self-reliant with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to converse confidently with various levels of management.
• Strong business analysis skills and good knowledge of business risks, industry knowledge of the Automotive industry is an advantage.
• Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice in risk management, risk assessment techniques, Internal Control frameworks, and risk reporting systems.
• Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure.
• Proven IT skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.). Ability to learn and adopt ERPs and GRC tools; experience/education of an ERP/GRC tool (Cammsrisk) would be an added advantage.
• Language Skills: An exceptional ability in oral and written English.
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide if required.
• Behavioural Competencies: Highest level of integrity, tact, professionalism, confidentiality and objectivity