Al Tayer Motors
Al Tayer Motors was established in 1982 and represents major European and American automobile manufacturers such as Land Rover, Jaguar, Ford, Lincoln, Ferrari and Maserati across the UAE. Al Tayer Motors’ portfolio also includes commercial vehicles - Ford Trucks in the UAE.
As a company, we deal with a discerning customer who demands the best. From this stand point, we created a unique retail and service environment to meet our brands’ expected service standards.
The automobiles we sell provide immense pleasure and satisfaction to their owners and we add value by ensuring the joy is uninterrupted. Dedicated service, sales and parts centres in addition to world class personnel provide each customer with a unique ownership experience.
United Arab Emirates
Costing Clerk (Automotive)
United Arab Emirates - Dubai • Posted 4 months ago
To prepare accurate and efficient costing of all retail, warranty and internal job cards and to ensure customers get accurate invoices on time
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
● Segregate between Retail/Internal and Warranty jobs on a job card.
● Complete costing for all retail and internal labour/consumables and sublet lines and group them together as per charge type using menu code and charge type.
● Ensure the jobs are costed using standard labour operation using appropriate RTS/SLTS code.
● Ensure the time allocated for the jobs is correct as per the operation code and it is charged in full so as to maximize profitability.
● Escalate to the location manager all the cases where excessive non-chargeable allowed time has been approved by team leader.
● Ensure appropriate labour rates are used as per charge type.
● Ensure all labour, parts and sublet costs are recorded against each repair.
● Ensure all the charge lines for internal /service contract charge type on the job cards are invoiced.
● Assist in warranty costing if required.
● Ensure all internal job cards are supported with proper authorization.
● Prepare MIS reports as and when required by the Manager and report on all cases of customer dissatisfaction.
● Reconcile/ verify incentive payments for Service Advisors, Team Leaders etc.
● Preparation of IPO & LPO’S for sublet jobs and to make sure it is charged to the appropriate department.
● Assist in service contracts and menu price list in co-ordination with Workshop Manager and Technical Support Manager.
● Follow-up with warranty department, Service Advisors if any repair order is kept pending for more than 30 days.
Desired Candidate Description
● Education/Certification and Continued Education
● Graduate in Commerce
●Years of Experience: 3 – 5 years’ experience in costing in an automotive franchise
Knowledge and Skills:
● PC Literate with good administration skills