Ghassan Aboud Group
Ghassan Aboud Group (GAG) is an international conglomerate engaged in several key business sectors including Automotive, Logistics, Media, Hospitality, Real Estate, Retail, and Catering. Headquartered in the United Arab Emirates, GAG business operations are complemented by offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Jordan and Turkey.
Established in 1994 by Ghassan Aboud, a successful entrepreneur, businessman and philanthropist, the group has evolved from its initial beginnings in car re-export to become one of the most trusted business partners for vehicle manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers worldwide. Today, Ghassan Aboud Cars and Spare Parts is an international automotive supply-chain solutions provider serving over 100 countries.
In 2008, the group’s media business was established with the incorporation of Live Point, a TV production company and Orient News, a satellite channel. The companies provide creative solutions across all audiovisual production needs in the Middle East, digital and broadcast news and varied programming, as well as news agency training services.
GAG’s single-source provider of construction, development and real-estate services, Elements Properties, is committed to developing high-quality lifestyle offerings and self-sustaining communities within the UAE. GAG’s real-estate projects offer better living targeting those who appreciate design and premium finishes.
As a major investment initiative, GAG is developing a substantial portfolio of luxury hotels, lifestyle destinations and unique experiences in Australia. Towards this end GAG’s investments commitments are being deployed in acquisition, development and management of prime hospitality, tourism and related assets through Crystalbrook Collection.
2016 witnessed the launch of Grandiose, the group’s retail and catering business, aimed at delivering high-quality yet affordable retail freshness. With a diverse product range, the Grandiose Stores supermarket chain is set to become Dubai and Abu Dhabi’s neighborhood one-stop-shop. As for the Catering arm, it offers an eclectic range of nutritious and delicious mealtime solutions for retail, corporate and private catering needs.
Ghassan Aboud Group believes that productivity, innovation and transformation requires community engagement and ensures that its exclusive portfolio operates in a corporate conscious and responsible manner. GAG’s sincere commitment to social responsibility is an integral part of any environment it operates in and is the motivation behind the Group’s motto: “Building a better future … together”.
Head of Sales and Business Development
United Arab Emirates - Dubai • Posted 2 weeks ago
Head of Sales & Business Development, you will ensure our core business is maintained while continuing to uncover and secure new business. This is a regional position based in UAE targeting customers from MENA region as well as global industrial and logistics firms, through the various Gallega’s Free Zones & Main Land facilities which have been set up in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
We are looking for someone having exp into B2B Sales with Contract Logistics / CFS / Freight Forwarding / Transportation Firm handling New Business Development, Client Acquisition, customer support, achieving sales targets, S&M team management, Shipping Etc.
Experience in sales of Automotive Supply Chain services in the MENA region would be a definite advantage.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
• Develop and implement new sales strategies across the organization for services like Contract Logistics, Transportation & Freight Forwarding.
• Serve as a key member of the senior management team
• Drive value-creating insights, recommendations, and solutions across multiple projects, and communicate with senior executives to develop and implement selected courses of action
• Diversify and grow the revenue base and ensure viable options are in place for the long-term
• Ability to manage a sales pipeline of prospects and multiple business development proposals
• Lead relevant managers, subordinates etc. to meet or exceed budgets.
• Develop and execute a strategic platform that drives revenue growth.
• Provide leadership in strategy development and strategic planning.
• Develop and lead a high performing team capable of delivering superior performance.
• Develop and implement cost savings initiatives through productivity increases, procurement negotiations, asset management etc.
• Develop and implement consistent KPI reporting and drive daily/weekly monitoring to meet established targets.
• Identify opportunities to standardize operational processes through the consistent application of IT systems across all sites.
• Develop and implement consistent operational processes for customers by segmenting and collaborating with the Business development team to ensure standard application to all new business opportunities.
• Drive and maintain compliance to ISO accreditation through management of internal and external business audit process.
• Ensure projects are executed efficiently and delivery is made on time with minimum claims and accidents.
• Lead all Enterprise Agreement negotiations.
• Build and maintain a productive relationship with key accounts and customers.
Desired Candidate Description
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Management. It’d be great if you also have: MBA
• 15 years of business development or sales experience in 3PL business
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
• Demonstrated Executive level sales leadership experience
• Lead relevant managers, subordinates etc. to meet or exceed budgets
• Success in selling 3PL Contract logistics, Freight Forwarding & transportation services to manufacturers/Traders in the industrial, automotive, FMCG, Electronics, Construction and
consumer packaged goods industries in the MENA region & Global Customers through UAE Hub.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Experience with ERP systems, Business Intelligence applications and MS Office products Strong skill set in Excel is a must.
• Knowledge of Automotive logistics in the region
• Understanding global forecasts in a medium/high volume, high mix Trading & manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrate concern for precision and thoroughness.
• Understanding Regulatory requirements within the Logistics & Supply Chain Industry.
• Ability to manage multiple objectives and priorities concurrently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills. Capable of facilitating discussion.
• Effectively work autonomously with minimal management direction.
• Experience developing and implementing process improvement initiatives.
• Strong customer orientation. A positive and proactive approach. Attentive to the needs of customers.
• Knowledge of statistical techniques
• Good audit technique and follow up
• Strong communication and influencing skills, problem analysis and critical thinking skills
• Managing & prioritizing a high volume of work in a fast paced environment
• Experience of managing / interaction with multiple suppliers
• Ability to think logically and take decisions based on situational assessments