Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center
What we do.
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. In our offices in Maastricht we think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. Our goal is to provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance. Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are maybe the most important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. That’s why we live the brand’s most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center opened in 1998 in the heart of the Euregion in Maastricht and has developed into one of the major employers in the southern region of the Netherlands. Today, with more than 1.000 employees, we care for customers and retailers worldwide. We are proud to unite people from more than 37 different nationalities who speak 19 languages and share the same passion for high-quality customer service.
Why we do it.
Every call is a challenge. Every task is a chance to grow. Our vision is to become the world’s most renowned center for customer service in the automotive sector. To meet our goal we are doing everything to create the best environment for skilled people from all over the world. Because only the best people can provide the best customer service. Ultimately it’s that simple: we want to delight and satisfy our customers and partners.
What drives us.
“Dedicated to Customers, Driven by Excellence” – As brand ambassadors of Mercedes-Benz we are committed to excellence, aiming to provide premium solutions for our customers, retail partners and business partners, supporting them in every situation. In this way, we strengthen the brand and add value to our brand promise: “The best or nothing”. Committed to our corporate values and as strong team players, our excellent operations set the standards for Daimler’s customer support centers worldwide.
What we believe.
It takes a lot of hard and soft skills to be a valuable partner for customers, retailers and our team members. These six principles embody what drives us, what we believe in and what we care about:
1. The customer is number 1
We do our very best to understand our customers’ needs and to exceed their expectations, wherever they are each and every day.
2. We make things happen
No matter what the challenges are, we solve them as fast as possible, using our experience and our expertise.
3. Everyone counts
We all play in the same team. Working in an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect, we treat everybody in a fair, friendly and honest way. We share what we know and grow together.
4. We think ahead
We believe in innovation and continuously improving the way we work. We explore new ways, dare to take risks and learn from both our successes and failures.
5. We cross borders
The Customer Assistance Center encompasses a unique blend of cultures, perspectives and opinions that we all appreciate. They are the foundation on which we build services for our global brands.
6. We do it together
Delivering excellent operations needs all our commitment, capabilities and contribution. This makes the difference.
Technical Service Representative | Expert Logistic Center Germany
Europe • Posted 6 months ago
Company Information The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. In our offices in Maastricht we think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. Our goal is to provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance. Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are a very important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. The Customer Assistance Center’s core services are delivered by Operations: Roadside Assistance, Customer Complaint management and Enquiry management. All our supporting departments, such as Retail services, Operational Excellence and Critical Parts Management, are also located in our offices in Maastricht. Furthermore, our task is to create a global Customer Contact Center network. Therefore we have established the department “Global Contact Center Management”. Having the global Governance mandate, we manage the worldwide implementation, standardization, innovation and performance of Customer Contact Center services within Daimler AG. That’s why we live the brand’s most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht with the Retail Service department is the global escalation entity for parts in the Mercedes-Benz logistics chain. The supported entities consist of the Mercedes-Benz local headquarters, general distributors and logistic centers. Furthermore, the Expert’s role is to liaise with internal and external partners for resolving complex issues.
The Technical Service Representative acts within a high level technical department with Expert’s tasks. Reports directly to the Technical Operations Manager and her/his field of responsibility covers the support and handling/dealing with cases of Daimler customers as 1st level and/or requests/incidents of Daimler retail network, Daimler Head Quarter, Market Performance Centers (MPC’s) and customers outside the service network.
Tasks & responsibilities:
● Resolve escalations on several levels and priorities, (back) order management, reverse and return logistics related issues for all Mercedes-Benz business units (passenger cars, vans and trucks);
● Appropriate usage of available resources and documentation of business related activities in relevant system (eg. ticketing system);
● Analyze and investigate logistic issues using own knowledge, computer applications, databases with other Daimler entities and external partners;
● Assess requirement to involve Technical Specialists and/or Management and delegate / escalate according to process when required. Ensure correct activity documentation and routing of delegation via the appropriate systems;
● Ensure complete, accurate documentation of all related issues like fast lane, shortage escalation and shortage request handling, according to specific data requirements of each request, in order to facilitate the case handling and to provide other parties involved with the relevant information;
● Continuously monitor assigned/open cases to ensure timely investigation and response to support requests and departmental reporting commitments to Daimler internal partners;
● Ensure continuous update of own information and relevant knowledge regarding supported products, tools, Daimler processes and information systems. Ensure changes to service-relevant MBCAC operational procedures are incorporated in own work;
● Special case, order management & proactive case handling related to bottleneck parts including all relevant requirements;
● Special manual order handling national and international e.g Referral;
● Plan, develop and execute Retail trainings in terms of Critical Parts Topics;
● Communicate directly with the retail in terms of bottleneck requirements, -escalations and Fast Lane;
● Excellent management skills to handle cases based on the escalation level (end to end) to find the best solution for the customer;
● Excellent communication skills will be required to solve issues directly with the retailers by phone, email, workflow and systems.
Desired Candidate Description
● Acts as a “brand ambassador” with a strong customer focus;
● IT knowledge (Basic knowledge & MS Windows/Office);
● Open-minded to a diversity of cultures;
● Handling escalations in combination with regular workload without detriment to own stress level;
● Effective communication skills with coworkers and customers;
● Creativity when handling problems independently;
● Excellent tracking skills and analytical attitude towards work;
● Strong time management, accountability and organizational skills;
● Excellent knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services;
● Strong stress management skills;
● Strongly oriented to Customer’s Satisfaction, both B2B and B2C;
● Integrity, client focus and going the extra mile to bring valuable solutions;
● High communication skills in crucial conversations;
● Near Native German language skills, written and spoken;
● Fluency in English (corporate language);
● Experience in customer support / problem solving business processes.
This position is linked to salary group 6. The salary for this position is € 2.290, = gross*. Based on a full-time position of 40 hours per week, between Monday to Friday, dayshift from 08.00 till 18.00 hours.
*Please take into account that The Netherlands has a divergent tax system than other EU countries.