Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center
What we do.
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. In our offices in Maastricht we think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. Our goal is to provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance. Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are maybe the most important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. That’s why we live the brand’s most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center opened in 1998 in the heart of the Euregion in Maastricht and has developed into one of the major employers in the southern region of the Netherlands. Today, with more than 1.000 employees, we care for customers and retailers worldwide. We are proud to unite people from more than 37 different nationalities who speak 19 languages and share the same passion for high-quality customer service.
Why we do it.
Every call is a challenge. Every task is a chance to grow. Our vision is to become the world’s most renowned center for customer service in the automotive sector. To meet our goal we are doing everything to create the best environment for skilled people from all over the world. Because only the best people can provide the best customer service. Ultimately it’s that simple: we want to delight and satisfy our customers and partners.
What drives us.
“Dedicated to Customers, Driven by Excellence” – As brand ambassadors of Mercedes-Benz we are committed to excellence, aiming to provide premium solutions for our customers, retail partners and business partners, supporting them in every situation. In this way, we strengthen the brand and add value to our brand promise: “The best or nothing”. Committed to our corporate values and as strong team players, our excellent operations set the standards for Daimler’s customer support centers worldwide.
What we believe.
It takes a lot of hard and soft skills to be a valuable partner for customers, retailers and our team members. These six principles embody what drives us, what we believe in and what we care about:
1. The customer is number 1
We do our very best to understand our customers’ needs and to exceed their expectations, wherever they are each and every day.
2. We make things happen
No matter what the challenges are, we solve them as fast as possible, using our experience and our expertise.
3. Everyone counts
We all play in the same team. Working in an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect, we treat everybody in a fair, friendly and honest way. We share what we know and grow together.
4. We think ahead
We believe in innovation and continuously improving the way we work. We explore new ways, dare to take risks and learn from both our successes and failures.
5. We cross borders
The Customer Assistance Center encompasses a unique blend of cultures, perspectives and opinions that we all appreciate. They are the foundation on which we build services for our global brands.
6. We do it together
Delivering excellent operations needs all our commitment, capabilities and contribution. This makes the difference.
Operations Manager - Team Leader
Europe • Posted 6 months ago
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. We think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. From our offices in Maastricht in the Netherlands, we provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance. Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are an important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. That’s why we live the brand’s most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
The Operations Manager (Team Leader) we are looking for will work closely with other Operations Managers and the Service Account Manager in order to maximize and maintain the performance of the Benelux team. You will be responsible for one team of approximately 15 Customer Service Representatives.
● Function as a role model
● Ensuring an environment based on high performance culture by promoting a mind-set of professional development
● Ensuring an environment where the Home of the Best principles and our values are lived and enhanced
● Continuously participating in improvement processes in order to contribute to effectiveness and efficiency within the CAC
● Actively participate in managing relationships, representing the CAC with stake holders and other parties in alignment with corporate procedures and policies
● Be responsible to maintain the communication structure in the department in order to ensure alignment on all relevant levels
● Managing the team and dealing with all relevant aspects
● Manage team and individual targets in alignment with company goals
● Organize the structure of the team by assigning tasks, rules and responsibilities
● Identifying the needs of the team and coordinating the fulfillment of these needs (Training, IT, HR, Process Management)
● Functioning as an intermediary between all supporting departments and the team
● Monitoring and coaching a team of Customer Service Representatives on the handling of customer contacts and dealing with cases
● Steering and manage team and individual performances in order to fulfill KPI’s expectations.
● Managing the attendance and absence of team members
● Checking, and if necessary adjusting, staffing to an efficient level
● Participating in the resolution of procedural issues and escalations where dealers or other European markets are involved
● Join and actively work on projects which are required for the development of the department and the company
Desired Candidate Description
● Strong people management skills
● Entrepreneurial approach
● Ability to manage complexity and communicate on different levels
● Ownership and independent thinking
● Strong focus on self-improvement, analytical thinking and self-reflection
● Strategic thinking
● Ability to set and share clear directions and vision to the team members
● Ability to coach and mentor employees
● Ability to manage high pressure and stress
● Native Dutch/Flemish
● Excellent English, French would be an asset
● Strongly oriented to Customer’s satisfaction
● Experience as a team leader is a strong advantage
We offer you a job in a multicultural, young and informal international working environment with interesting conditions, both primary and secondary:
● A “tailor made” individual development plan
● 200 vacation hours (based on full time employment)
● Holiday allowance: 8% of annual salary
● Competitive performance based salary growth
● Result oriented bonuses
● Lucrative relocation package. If applicable, you will also be reimbursed for first arrival, housing fee, and moving costs
● Employee Car Program: discount on new or used Daimler brand cars
● Transportation plan: free bike every 3 years, free public transport or contribution to fuel costs
● Collective health insurance at discounted rates
● Pension plan