Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center
What we do.
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. In our offices in Maastricht we think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. Our goal is to provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance. Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are maybe the most important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. That’s why we live the brand’s most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center opened in 1998 in the heart of the Euregion in Maastricht and has developed into one of the major employers in the southern region of the Netherlands. Today, with more than 1.000 employees, we care for customers and retailers worldwide. We are proud to unite people from more than 37 different nationalities who speak 19 languages and share the same passion for high-quality customer service.
Why we do it.
Every call is a challenge. Every task is a chance to grow. Our vision is to become the world’s most renowned center for customer service in the automotive sector. To meet our goal we are doing everything to create the best environment for skilled people from all over the world. Because only the best people can provide the best customer service. Ultimately it’s that simple: we want to delight and satisfy our customers and partners.
What drives us.
“Dedicated to Customers, Driven by Excellence” – As brand ambassadors of Mercedes-Benz we are committed to excellence, aiming to provide premium solutions for our customers, retail partners and business partners, supporting them in every situation. In this way, we strengthen the brand and add value to our brand promise: “The best or nothing”. Committed to our corporate values and as strong team players, our excellent operations set the standards for Daimler’s customer support centers worldwide.
What we believe.
It takes a lot of hard and soft skills to be a valuable partner for customers, retailers and our team members. These six principles embody what drives us, what we believe in and what we care about:
1. The customer is number 1
We do our very best to understand our customers’ needs and to exceed their expectations, wherever they are each and every day.
2. We make things happen
No matter what the challenges are, we solve them as fast as possible, using our experience and our expertise.
3. Everyone counts
We all play in the same team. Working in an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect, we treat everybody in a fair, friendly and honest way. We share what we know and grow together.
4. We think ahead
We believe in innovation and continuously improving the way we work. We explore new ways, dare to take risks and learn from both our successes and failures.
5. We cross borders
The Customer Assistance Center encompasses a unique blend of cultures, perspectives and opinions that we all appreciate. They are the foundation on which we build services for our global brands.
6. We do it together
Delivering excellent operations needs all our commitment, capabilities and contribution. This makes the difference.
SQL / Oracle Database Administrator
Europe • Posted 6 months ago
You will be a part of an international team with people from the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Brazil, Spain, Germany and the UK all working from Maastricht. Together with this incredible team you will share the responsibility for all the technical aspects of Compass and service provisioning including the Database platform. Together you will face challenges such as:
● Worldwide rollout of 54 countries;
● Serving customers on a worldwide scale;
● Upgrade Oracle 12 Worldwide;
● Quarterly updates of Compass.
To be successful in the execution of these challenges your job will consist of tasks like:
● Ensure an effective and reliable Database platform;
● Provide 24x7 operational monitoring, troubleshooting and problem solutions;
● Using your expertise to make recommendations towards new applications or major and/or architectural changes to existing applications to ensure success;
● Design, implement and execute Build & Release Processes;
● Performance tuning;
● Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and drills.
Desired Candidate Description
Profile Must have’s:
● Microsoft SQL Server;
● Oracle 11 & 12 (extra);
● Experienced in backup and recovery;
● Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server;
● Experienced in Oracle Performance tuning;
● You have worked with DataWarehouse Databases – OLTP;
● Ability to partner with stakeholders, interact with various levels of management, and to promote cross departmental collaboration.
Profile Nice to have’s:
● Analytical, being able to think in solutions;
●Bachelor or Master Degree, with at least 5 years of experience working as a DBA;
●Willingness to participate in on-call/on-duty shift;
●You are someone who sees challenges where other people see problems;
●You need to be a self-starter; willing to go for the extra mile.
We offer you a job in a multicultural, young and informal international working environment with interesting conditions, both primary and secondary:
● Lucrative relocation package. If applicable, you will also be reimbursed for first arrival, housing fee, and moving costs.
● Result oriented bonuses;
● Competitive performance based salary growth;
● Holiday allowance: 8% of annual salary;
● 200 vacation hours (based on full time employment);
● Pension plan;
● Transportation plan: free bike every 3 years, free public transport or contribution to fuel costs;
● Employee Car Program: discount on new or used Daimler brand cars.