Ghassan Aboud Group
Ghassan Aboud Group (GAG) is an international conglomerate engaged in several key business sectors including Automotive, Logistics, Media, Hospitality, Real Estate, Retail, and Catering. Headquartered in the United Arab Emirates, GAG business operations are complemented by offices in Australia, Belgium, China, Jordan and Turkey.
Established in 1994 by Ghassan Aboud, a successful entrepreneur, businessman and philanthropist, the group has evolved from its initial beginnings in car re-export to become one of the most trusted business partners for vehicle manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers worldwide. Today, Ghassan Aboud Cars and Spare Parts is an international automotive supply-chain solutions provider serving over 100 countries.
In 2008, the group’s media business was established with the incorporation of Live Point, a TV production company and Orient News, a satellite channel. The companies provide creative solutions across all audiovisual production needs in the Middle East, digital and broadcast news and varied programming, as well as news agency training services.
GAG’s single-source provider of construction, development and real-estate services, Elements Properties, is committed to developing high-quality lifestyle offerings and self-sustaining communities within the UAE. GAG’s real-estate projects offer better living targeting those who appreciate design and premium finishes.
As a major investment initiative, GAG is developing a substantial portfolio of luxury hotels, lifestyle destinations and unique experiences in Australia. Towards this end GAG’s investments commitments are being deployed in acquisition, development and management of prime hospitality, tourism and related assets through Crystalbrook Collection.
2016 witnessed the launch of Grandiose, the group’s retail and catering business, aimed at delivering high-quality yet affordable retail freshness. With a diverse product range, the Grandiose Stores supermarket chain is set to become Dubai and Abu Dhabi’s neighborhood one-stop-shop. As for the Catering arm, it offers an eclectic range of nutritious and delicious mealtime solutions for retail, corporate and private catering needs.
Ghassan Aboud Group believes that productivity, innovation and transformation requires community engagement and ensures that its exclusive portfolio operates in a corporate conscious and responsible manner. GAG’s sincere commitment to social responsibility is an integral part of any environment it operates in and is the motivation behind the Group’s motto: “Building a better future … together”.
United Arab Emirates
Senior Business Analyst
United Arab Emirates - Dubai • Posted 4 months ago
We are looking for Senior Business Analyst who is skilled and knowledgeable in automotive after sales , supply chain, logistics, with deep understanding of automotive dealer and Third Party Logistics Provider process.
● Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
● Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization s systems and capabilities.
● Analyzes business partner s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
● Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
● Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
● Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
● Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
● Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this Knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise s competitive edge.
● Strong IT background including System Development Lifecycle: initial idea development, requirements capture, process design, application development, testing, and implementation.
● Use Domain knowledge to be proactive in seeking to produce a lean and optimized design.
● Assist in making recommendations for buy versus build decision.
Desired Candidate Description
● Education and Experience: Bachelors or Master s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
● Experience in Business Analysis and proficient in Package Configuration and Change Management.
● Should have progressing skills on Functional Architecture Design and Architecture Knowledge.
● Should have mastered one or more ERP solutions; or one or more technical tools/ languages.
● Multi cycle exposure to platforms like SAP, Oracle, Navision or other tier two ERP platforms.
● Related work experience in managing a team of Business Analyst and working with senior level management, business unit and corporate staff executives to develop a technology strategy.
● Must have strong understanding of retail and corporate functions to include their business drivers for success, process and approaches to business models.