Agility is a global logistics company with $4.6 billion in annual revenue and 22,000+ employees in more than 100 countries. It is one of the world’s top freight forwarding and contract logistics providers, and a leader and investor in technology to enhance supply chain efficiency. Agility is a pioneer in emerging markets and one of the largest private owners and developers of warehousing and light industrial parks in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Agility’s subsidiary companies offer fuel logistics, airport services, commercial real estate and facilities management, customs digitization, and remote infrastructure services.
Bahrain • Posted 6 months ago
● To Plan, forecast & deliver Transport P & L.
● To coordinate & supervise all transportation activities to ensure maximum efficiency in delivery
● Prepare operational plans for the Transport Unit, setting key targets and objectives for staff in a manner that supports the overall operations and customer service objectives.
● Develop a robust outsourced transportation model that addresses the needs of the Companyâ€™s customer requirements.
● Monitor all changes affecting transportation channels, report them and take supported decisions to maintain the best possible operational & logistics coverage.
● Document and improve business processes and procedures with appropriate management reporting. Provide structured management techniques and practices to ensure processes are optimized.
● Review and track progress against KPI targets and improve KPIs that add value to the operations and minimize costs.
● Provide transportation solutions for any business opportunity on in-house as well as outsourced assets profitability.
● Ensure strict regulatory and contractual conformity in all transportation movements.
● Develop and motivate staff to ensure that they deliver all cost control, customer service and operations KPIâ€™s.
● Develop teamwork, demonstrating shared goals and values. Provide leadership guidance and support to staff.
● Provide support to sales and business development that supports the development of competitive transportation solutions. .
● Proactively interacting with the clients (where necessary), through email & face to face meetings, to review performance levels against KPIâ€™s, discuss issues & problems affecting performance and importantly designing solutions & specific measures to remedy them.
● Negotiate and build favorable business relationships with transport and MHE sub-contractors and Third Parties with an aim of improving competitiveness and overall quality of service.
● Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports as required, highlighting business performance, challenges and recommendations for improving operations efficiencies.
● Maintain updated container return tracking reports.
● Promote HSE by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.Â Also conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement and HSE
● Set and maintain SOP's, policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods and ensure 100% compliance.
● Maintain accurate tracking reports that monitor transport delivery progress and sub-contractor performance, providing daily tracking to operations, customer service and customers
● Implement performance measurement metrics with all sub-contractors.
● Proactively manage financial and operation exposure in areas of delivery cycle times, demurrage and detention exposure and documentation conformity.
● Ensure strict job file management and accounting with a focus on billing performance & cost mgt.
● Demonstrates leadership through maintaining a positive attitude that promotes teamwork, shared goals and values, motivation and staff development
● Any other related duties / projects assigned, in order to meet the business needs
Desired Candidate Description
● Graduate in any discipline
● Preferably Post Graduate in Logistics / Supply Chain Solutions / Transportation
●10 years of overall experience in Freight Forwarding Industry.
● Minimum of 5 years in Road Transport operations
● Exposure to Transport Operators in BAH
● Experience in overland transportation both sub-contracting trucks and own trucks
● Organization and planning skills.
● Communication skills.
● Leadership and team management skills.
● Import and Export procedures, policies and best practices.
● Preferably bi-lingual