Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba
The Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba Group
Despite a long family tradition of trading high-quality goods around the world, it was not until 1946 that the MHAO Group was officially formed as a general trading and offshore services establishment. The company would diversify in the 1970s however, under the guidance of the late Mr. Hareb Al Otaiba.
In the period that followed, MHAO expanded its trading operations to include internationally recognised, high-quality brands. The early 70s also saw the opening of the company’s prestigious Dubai showroom, which cemented MHAO’s name as the watchword for high-end goods.
Service Manager (Multi-Brand Workshop)
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi • Posted 7 months ago
• To oversee all the workshop functions. This includes the staff, premises and workshop utility business operations.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To provide detailed input for the quotations, planning and reviews of all workshop projects.
• To determine the work prioritization and task allocation for all workshop tasks.
• To oversee workshop staff so that appropriate information, instruction, training and guidance is provided when required.
• To be responsible for the health and safety and welfare of staff and customers in the workshop.
• To be responsible for the security and efficient running of the workshop and to consider improvements and efficiencies wherever possible.
• To organize appointments, collections, transportation and support for the workshop when required.
• Liaise with sales, accounts, parts and to GM or Director.
• Duties will include but not limited to tasking and supervision of the following areas in compliance with ESHMS—Fabrication, Mechanical maintenance, Sanding and blasting, spray painting
• ADMINISTRATION: Managing accurate maintenance and service records, suppliers cost competitiveness and quality, purchasing and ordering of supplies and consumables.
• WORKSHOP OPERATIONS: Oversee workshop operations, responsible for workshop and yard safety compliance.
• Compliance with company ESHMS within area of operations.
• To ensure that production and productivity are maintained in accordance with work schedules.
• Monitor and action field faults and non-compliance
• Scheduling mobilisation/demobilisation equipment and service delivery provisions.
• Develop and implement department targets, control costs to budget limits.
• Conduct review meetings of order execution status; communicate with customer in case of delays.
• Development of team, motivate staff to ensure that they fully comply with all legal and company policies and procedures.
• Assist with establishing and implementing plant policies and procedures.
• Ensure effective communication with senior and subordinate staff for smooth operation of estimates.
Desired Candidate Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES:
• Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree preferably Mechanical or Automotive Engineering graduate
• Additional Qualification Professional certification in Automobile/ Services/ Management
• Years of Experience: 5 years of managing overall workshop operations (Multi-brands)
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS:
• To have the ability to work to company times and schedules
• Demonstrate good communication skills with colleagues and customers
• Able to plan, supervise and monitor staff in a workshop environment
• Proficient in planning, undertaking, finishing and costing workshop projects
• With knowledge of servicing and repair of car and light commercial vehicle components
• Demonstrate knowledge of Health and Safety Law
• Demonstrate basic literacy & numeracy including basic computer skills
• Driving licence for light vehicles
• Communication skills, planning, Problem Solving and critical thinking, motivation skills, strategic thinking